Prepare a fantastic marmalade with fragrant lemons! For a refreshing taste that combines sweet with sour. Read the recipe steps and follow the tips to use it in 5 different ways.
Main Ingredient: sugar, lemon
2 kg of sugar
2 kg of lemon
2 vanilla beans
1 cup water tea
- For a delicious breakfast, add marmalade to plain yogurt or oatmeal. Fill with fresh blueberries and roasted nuts or dried fruits as desired.
- For a light antipasto, combine it with goat cheese and crostini.
- For a simple breakfast dish, you can accompany it with warm cakes.
- Another fantastic breakfast option is pairing it with pancakes, fresh fruit and cream.
- Prepare a light drink, such as iced tea, using marmalade instead of sugar. Decorate with mint leaves.
Nutrition Factsper serving of 100 gr
Step 1Lightly grease the lemon skin until the yellow peel is removed so that it does not irritate.
Step 2Then we cut the thin lemons, without any shapes, and press them a little with our hands to get the liquid (we will not use the liquid for the marmalade).
Step 3Drain and place the lemon pieces in the pot where we will simmer. Add sugar, vanilla, cloves, water and cook over low heat for 3 hours.
Step 4Remove from the heat and let cool. Set it back on low heat the next day, until it thickens.